Spaghetti Squash Brunch CasseroleJune 16, 2019
Better-for-you Brownie CheesecakeJune 16, 2019
Looking for a delicious, light picnic lunch or dinner that you don’t have to wash on or eat with a fork yet is still super filling because it’s a macro meal?
Look no farther! Forkless Shawarma Lettuce Wraps are a great easy grab-‘n-go macro meal for busy summer days when I’m carpooling everywhere and want to have a salad but don’t have time to sit with a bowl and a fork.
This has all the macros: protein from chicken, healthy fats from tahini, fiber from veggies, and fiber, starch, and a little extra protein from the chickpeas.
I love throwing chickpeas in as my starch component as much as I can. Aside from being a healthy carb, they have extra fiber and protein, making them a carb that is very good for blood sugar.
Shawarma Spice Blend:
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- pinch of cardamom
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 8 deboned chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Sesame Tahini
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cloves fresh or 2 cubes Frozen Crushed Garlic (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of Black Pepper
- lettuce boats
- Gefen Organic Chickpeas
- fresh parsley
- fresh dill
To Make the Shawarma Spice Blend
To Make Shawarma Pargiot or Cutlets
- Combine the spices and place in a mason jar or old spice container.
- Place chicken thighs or breasts in a bowl. Cover with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Season well with desired amount of shawarma spice. The more you add, the stronger it will be. Let marinate for about an hour.
- Grill chicken on a grill pan or outdoor grill.
To Make the Creamy Tahini
- Add all ingredients to a bowl or container.
- Using a hand blender, blend until smooth. If needed, add more water until you reach your desired consistency.
- Place five to six thinly sliced shawarma chicken strips in each lettuce boat. Top with chopped Israeli salad and chickpeas.
- Drizzle with tahini and enjoy!
We’re all always on the go. Sometimes, you don’t have time to sit down with a knife and fork. That’s why these forkless shawarma chicken wraps are the perfect grab-and-go lunch. Packed with flavor and all of the macros you need to get your through the day, it’s a lunch you’ll keep grabbing ’til it’s gone!