Chocolate Fudge PopsJanuary 21, 2020
Apple and Honey Cake with Silan Ice CreamJanuary 21, 2020
Get ready for your new favorite latke recipe. These latkes are lower in carbs, egg-free, and most importantly, absolutely delicious. You won't believe these latkes are vegan!
- 3 large yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 2 small yellow squash, peeled
- 3 tablespoons Sabra Hummus
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon course Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Rorie’s grain free mix or 2 tablespoons flour of your choice
- avocado oil for frying
- Grate the potatoes and squash on a fine grater or in your food processor. (You can alternate between a finer and larger grate to get a more varied texture.)
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes and squash.
- Add chummus, salt, pepper and grain free mix. Mix well until fully combined.
- In a large frying pan on a medium flame, heat the oil until super hot. Gently scoop the latkes into the pan leaving about an inch of space between each one. Fry on a medium to low flame.
- Yukon gold potatoes are lower glycemic than white potatoes.
- Adding yellow squash lowers overall carb load adds moisture and no one will notice there are veggies hiding in there!
- Hummus is a great substitute for eggs in this recipe plus adds a subtle twist on the taste.
- Using Rories grain free mix in place of wheat flour adds more protein and fiber and is a low carb flour option.
- Avocado oil and coconut oil have higher smoke point than olive oil. Choose one of them as your healthy fat for frying instead of refined oils!
Get ready for your new favorite latke recipe. These latkes are lower in carbs, egg-free, and most importantly, absolutely delicious. You won’t believe these latkes are vegan!